Agency: Sandgate Women’s Shelter of York Region
We Are Here To Help End Violence In Women’s Lives
Sandgate is dedicated to providing all persons who identify as women and their children shelter, support and information so they can take steps towards ending violence in their lives.
Our programs and services include:
- 24-hour safe shelter, crisis helpline;
- Supportive counselling for moms and children;
- Safety planning;
- Meals, clothing and personal necessities;
- Financial, legal, medical and housing assistance;
- Assistance with emergency transportation;
- Referrals; and,
- Children’s programs, including culturally sensitive services.
Sandgate is a registered charitable organization in Canada. We are legally registered as Women’s Shelter of York Region Inc., operating as Sandgate Women’s Shelter of York Region, since 1994.